Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What I Do Each Day

The most important thing I do each day is stay on top of my pain with the pain meds. If I don't take them in advance of the onset of the pain, the pain builds up and is hard to lessen. Bless them pain meds...how did folks/do folks live without them?
With pain under control, I sleep better, and am in a good mood. When the pain gets out of control, my how miserable one suddenly can be...and that's no good, especially not for healing.

Second most important job: eat healthy and stay on all my supps and meds. I have been doing well there, especially since Kristin has been preparing wonderful meals for me over the past 2 weeks. She left today after a heroic job taking care of me. Now, I have someone named Julie to stop by and help me with the cooking. Kristin loaded the fridge with bone marrow soups and other healing foods. Thank you so much, Kristin, for your help and support over the last 2 weeks.

Third most important job is...slowing down, resting and not working. I love to work, miss seeing clients, miss contributing to the world in some way. I have written a guide to nutritional supplements that is 60% done and would love to finish it. But I know now that rest and taking it easy is key. I love to watch educational videos and movies. I listen to CDs of lectures from the nutritional and herbal seminars I can't attend. I have been reading inspiring books such as The Ten Things to Do When Your Life Falls Apart by Daphne Kingma, among others. I listen to Thich Nhat Hanh's amazing CD series The Ultimate Dimension which you can get from Sounds True. I go to church on Sundays now that I found one nearby.

And, I feel the love of so many holding me on this journey. This is such a great gift, to know that, wherever we are, we friends are all connected in our love for each other. The discovery of the depth of this love that exists for me--and for all of us--is one that inspires me daily to do the best I can to be grateful for the healing path I am on and the growth and realizations that such a life challenge can offer.

2 comments:

  1. Robert: I was shocked to hear of your diagnosis. I have always
    respected your work and have listened to many recordings you made.
    I also know Dr. Linchitz and he is a unique and talented physician. I took my mother to him. If you feel up to it and think it appropriate, I think your followers would be interested in the following:
    1-what has your diet been like for the years before this issue
    2- is there a genetic component
    3- what supplements had you been taking and what do you take now
    4-what regular labs were you in the habit of getting in terms of
    cancer early diagnosis
    5- what is your theory about how you acquired this disease.
    You are in a unique position to understand prevention and pathogenesis and if you are up to it I think your comments along those lines may help others. God Bless and keep up the good fight.
    ILG MD, FACS
    4-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert;
    How are you doing now? My first job was with an acupuncturist, Sue Harris. Sue had stage 4 ovarian cancer. She did a lot of acupuncture and drank a lot of nasty tea. She also had the fractionated chemotherapy after surgery. Six years later, she is cancer-free! Have you got acupuncture treatments and a good herbologist?

    Best,

    Judy Mabel

    ReplyDelete