Thursday, April 22, 2010

Chemo Went Fine Today

I receive chemo twice a week in the IPT program for now, and it's Tuesdays and Thursdays. Today's session went fine. Got my blood sugar down to 39 before they began infusing the Folfari drugs intravenously.

Side effects: it seems that a day after the IPT, I am a bit dizzy, less sure on my feet, and that seems to be gone after 2 days. Also, they give me an anti-nausea drug that is a steriod before treatment, and it makes it hard to sleep the night after chemo sometimes. So, those are the only side effects I have noticed overall, and not much to complain about. No nausea or bodily aches. But again, that is because this is 10% the dose, not because I have a strong constitution.

And: does anyone know the best place to get organic liver? I need to eat a lot of it and it is hard to find around here. Thank you.

Love,
Robert

2 comments:

  1. I get elk and bison liver from High Wire Ranch in CO.
    http://highwireranch.com/
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert,

    You can also order bison liver and chicken liver from www.blackwing.com. It'll ship out of Chicago in an insulated custom made box and on dry ice.

    Hope this helps,

    Camille

    ReplyDelete