Tuesday, April 20, 2010

This Can't Be Chemo

Sung to "This Can't Be Love":

This can't be chemo 'cause I feel too good
No chills, no aches and no pains
This chemo doesn't torture like it could
I've thrown off medicine's reigns
I don't throw up
Or lose my hair
My doctors and nurses
Really seem to care
This can't be chemo 'cause I'm feeling fine
And hoping health will be mine

Second chemo treatment today, and it went well. They got my blood sugar down to 41 before they pushed in the Folfari chemo drugs, again at 10% the normal dose. No side effects, except from the momentarily induced hypoglycemia-dizzyness that goes away in 10 minutes (not a good time to learn new dance steps). But the question is, will this low dose targeted therapy work for me? Are the cancer cells gobbling it up, with their 16x greater number of insulin receptors than normal cells, after they gave me 5 units of insulin? I hope so. My chemo sensitivity tests come back from Germany in 2 weeks--more info to work with. For a book about this therapy, I am reading The Kinder, Gentler Cancer Treatment. Short, to the point, with a chapter written by Dr. Linchitz.

I do feel good--but then, after the chemo, I received 20 grams of vitamin C and 1 gram of glutathione intravenously, and 100,000 IUs of D because the latest test shows my vitamin D is 41--and Dr. Linchitz wants all his patients above 70, which is right on in my book. My D was in the 20s 3 years ago, and after taking 10,000 IU or more orally a week of D in olive oil, I am still low! Wow. Great to get more D. We know it is a risk factor for many cancers, insulin resistance diseases, and of course poor bone health. Have you checked your D lately?

So maybe it is all that C, D and Glutathione that has me feeling fine. I am a big fan of intravenous glutathione for yours truly--makes me feel so good. When I found out it was available, I asked it be added to the regime. They checked with the doctor, and "sure!" was the response. What else can you ask for in terms of patient care?

Last night sister Gigi, who is my main caretaker, brought over some DELICIOUS bone soup with a recipe from Donnie Yance made by a family friend, Archie. Archie is a caterer and who went all over Chinatown in NYC to get all the Chinese herbs for it. Thank you, Archie! I could live off this bone marrow rich, blood building soup.

Tomorrow Sherri and Sue visit. Time for rest. Today was a big day, and one filled with gratitude. Thank you, everyone. I feel more love now than I ever have in my life.

8 comments:

  1. Robert,

    Great to see your humor shining through...had a nice laugh as I was reading your lyrics. I tried looking up some liver recipes for you in Sally Fallon's Nourishing Traditions but she's using 1 cup of flour in each & then Loren Cordain's uses burgondy wine...oh well, the search must go on.... Thinking of you & glad to hear that you are feeling a-ok today.

    Alison Held

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for writing this blog and educating us all...as usual! I will store this info and hope never to have to use but am grateful to have it in case someone I know gets cancer. Continue fighting your brave battle and making me laugh along the way. Why were your vitamin D levels so low years ago?? celiac disease/gluten intolerant??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robert, I add my love and appreciation for your wit, wisdom, generous, gracious and spunky spirit to you amidst the greetings of others whose lives you have enhanced.

    Liver recipe -- we always had it at home lightly pan fried in bacon fat, with the bacon, lots of sauteed sliced onion, smothered in applesauce. The inside should still be a little pink. It's really not so bad.

    The other is to cut it raw into little bits and blend it in tomato juice. If you have a pet, you'll probably have to fend pooch or puss off. All our carnivore pets have loved liver bits. all the best for you, Karen Lyke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robert,
    I am happy to hear things are going in the right direction and you go at it full force.

    Why did you choose the chemosensitivity testing in Germany? How is that different than the one in the US?

    On another note, I have heard another doctor rave about Avemar (www.avemar.com) . Consider using it in synergy with your chemo, it has complementary mechanisms of starving the cancer cells of sugar, an they specifically published a study with it on colon cancer cells. One doctor told me it cured one of her lymphoma patient in one month, it made it completely go away, yes a miracle.

    Also, are you taking high dose vit K1 nad k2? You really need it to work together with vitamin D in killing cancer cells.

    Wishing you all the best. If anyone can do it it must be you!

    Cristiana Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. here are the supportive references regarding AVEMAR and colorectal cancer.

    [Fermented wheat germ extract in the supportive therapy of colorectal cancer]
    Farkas E.
    Orv Hetil. 2005 Sep 11;146(37):1925-31. Hungarian.
    PMID: 16255377 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    Related citations
    2.
    A medical nutriment has supportive value in the treatment of colorectal cancer.
    Jakab F, Shoenfeld Y, Balogh A, Nichelatti M, Hoffmann A, Kahán Z, Lapis K, Mayer A, Sápy P, Szentpétery F, Telekes A, Thurzó L, Vágvölgyi A, Hidvégi M.
    Br J Cancer. 2003 Aug 4;89(3):465-9.
    PMID: 12888813 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]Free PMC ArticleFree text
    Related citations
    3.
    MSC, a new benzoquinone-containing natural product with antimetastatic effect.
    Hidvégi M, Rásó E, Tömösközi-Farkas R, Szende B, Paku S, Prónai L, Bocsi J, Lapis K.
    Cancer Biother Radiopharm. 1999 Aug;14(4):277-89.
    PMID: 10850313 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    Related citations
    4.
    First clinical data of a natural immunomodulator in colorectal cancer.
    Jakab F, Mayer A, Hoffmann A, Hidvégi M.
    Hepatogastroenterology. 2000 Mar-Apr;47(32):393-5.
    PMID: 10791198 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    Related citations
    5.
    Effect of Avemar and Avemar + vitamin C on tumor growth and metastasis in experimental animals.
    Hidvégi M, Ráso E, Tömösközi-Farkas R, Paku S, Lapis K, Szende B.
    Anticancer Res. 1998 Jul-Aug;18(4A):2353-8.
    PMID: 9703878 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

    Cristiana Paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robert: Glad you're working with Dr. Linchitz, I have confidence that he can help you--you're in good hands. I pray for your rapid and complete recovery. Feel free to ask me any questions, if you like.
    Ron Hoffman

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Robert! So glad to learn of all the good things you are doing to get better. Sending lots of love your way. Thank you for being such a special young man.

    Much Love Jan & Al Kuebler

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog;have been researching holistic approach for colon cancer for a friend for over a year. Have not read all your blogs; Some comments:

    IPT -- did you check into using DMSO with IPT? apparently limits the chemo to cancer cells only;

    Vit C -- IV should be 150 grams, > 7 times the 20g you take; Latest protocol is to take hyperbaric oxygen treatment just before high Vit C IV;

    Check into Ukrain IV; good history, good successes, favorable report by Ralph Moss; http://ukrain.ua/ -- but several other sites as well; legal for use in U.S., but patient has to order directly from Austria;

    Check-out PolyMVA, anti-cancer, as well as provides energy;

    Avemar - helps build immune system;

    Tagamet - over-the-counter, 800 mg empty stomach, twice daily; good anti-colon cancer properties;

    German thymus, via injections, strong immune system support;

    Several recent reports of curcumin destroying colon cancer; check out NanoCurcuminoids at www.life-enhancement.com; 5-8x more bioavailable as standard;

    Delta Fraction Tocotrienols - I think it's 200 mg, empty stomach, twice daily; must NOT be taken at same time as standard Vit E; very good tests as anti-cancer;

    Vit D: your level should be >100, not the 70 you are trying to achieve; I recommend liquid form, as it is more easily absorbed, probably 10,000 i.u. daily, until you reach the > 100 blood test;

    artemisinin;

    Wobenzyn -- 15-20 tablets, am/pm, EMPTY stomach;

    B12 - 1 cc injections, twice weekly;

    Just a few thoughts; I've got hundreds of sites, downloads & many hundreds of e-mails re above, & other agents.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete